Metro PCS Huawei M860 is a sad phone. A friend had this for a couple months and replaced it immediately. So like always I say hey let’s root it. In a matter of minutes I gained permanent root access. My only dilemma was getting ClockWorkMod installed.
Here are the steps I took to get permanent root WITHOUT A PC.
Android Version 2.1
FIRST OFF sync your Google account. Save any data that can’t be replaced.
ROOTING PHONE WILL VOID WARRANTY. I am not responsible If you brick your phone, but I think it’s safe to say It’s difficult to brick an android.
1. To gain root access download and install Z4Root. RUN IT!
2. Install this outdated Rom Manager APK; since for me it WAS NOT available on the Google Market.
3. Run, choose the first option, “FLASH ClockWorkMod Recovery” and click on “Ascend.”
4. Confirm, Then Reboot into Recovery.
4. Choose to Backup or Restore. BACKUP and your free to roam your phone.
OPTIONAL: Install A Custom Rom
1. I found a Custom Rom and Google Apps zip online.
Download and place both files on the root of your SD card. Reboot into Recovery Mode
2. BACK UP
3. WIPE ALL
4. “Install From SD” in order the Custom Rom, then Google Apps.
5. Reboot again.
9. YOU’RE SET!
I TRIED TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE BUT IT TAKES TIME.
.Thanks for reading.